Brioche Stitch with Kira K
Create lofty, textured fabric using Brioche Stitch, which resembles ribbing but has more depth and possibilities. We'll knit a swatch (or start a scarf) in a basic one-color Brioche Stitch and start a cowl in two-color Brioche for a richly textured and reversible fabric.
Please provide your email and phone number with your registration for essential class communication.
(Please use yarn purchased from Aranea Craft Studio. You will receive a one-time 10% discount on the yarn purchase for this class, provided after registration is complete)
- 30 (300) yards smooth worsted or aran weight yarn for a swatch (scarf) - one-color Brioche portion of the class 220 Superwash by Cascade
- 100 yards smooth worsted or aran weight yarn in each of two highly contrasting colors for the cowl - two-color Brioche portion of the class 220 Superwash Aran Weight Yarn
- 16” circular knitting needles AND another set of straight or circular needles in size 6-9 US (1-2 sizes smaller than that recommended for your yarn) Knitting Needles
- Stitch marker Cocoknits Colorful Ring Stitch Markers
This is for the advanced beginner. You should be comfortable casting on, working in the round, knitting, purling, and binding off.
HOMEWORK: (please provide email and phone number)
An email with the homework will be sent after registration.
KEY CLASS DETAILS
- Duration: 1 session, 2 hours
- Maximum 6 students per class; Minimum 3 students
Teacher Bio: Kira Dulaney has been teaching fiber arts classes and hosting crafty events in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond since 2002. As a teacher, her focus is on providing valuable information in a stress-free environment and supporting students through the learning process. She is also the designer behind Kira K Designs, a line of original knitting and crochet patterns and kits featuring clean lines and intriguing details that are both interesting to make and easy to wear. Kira has taught at Estes Park Wool Market, Interweave Yarn Fest, Lambtown Festival, the Natural Fiber Fair, Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, Stitches events, and TNNA, as well as numerous guilds and yarn shops.
For the safety and security of the students and staff, please wear a mask at all times to prevent the spread of germs. We require proof of vaccination at the beginning of the first class. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE - Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old.
Minimum to Run Class: 3 attendees.