Weave a scarf from start to finish in this one-day workshop!
The rigid heddle loom is a very portable, inexpensive and elegantly simple tool for weaving. The Cricket Loom is a small rigid heddle loom that is ideal for knitters who want to use up leftover yarns, for spinners with yarn to spare and for those just wanting to give weaving a try. Learn how to warp using the direct warping peg method and to weave a scarf using a variety of yarns.
Looms are not included in this class but are available for rent. If you would like, please identify your need to rent at least one week prior to the class by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be a 1-hour break for lunch. You may bring a lunch or there are places to eat nearby in downtown Hayward.
REQUIRED: Please provide your email and phone number with your registration for essential class communication.
What you will learn:
- 10 or 15 inch Rigid Heddle (with up and down shed positions)
- 8-dent heddle
- Stick shuttle (minimum of 1)
- Warping peg
- 1x 100g skein or 2x 50g skeins (for optional houndstooth pattern) of wool yarn in contrasting colors (wound up into a ball or cake, ready for class). Recommended: Cascade 220
Key Class Details
- Duration: 1 session, 6 hours
- Loom rentals are available from the instructor at $20 for the day. Payment is due at the start of class.
- We request yarn used be purchased from our shop. You will receive a one-time 10% class material discount for yarn for this class.
- An email will be sent prior to the class with important information but you may, of course, contact us at any time with questions: email@example.com
For the safety and security of the students and staff, please wear a mask at all times to prevent the spread of germs. We will also now require proof of vaccination at the beginning of the class. Thank you!