Knit a Mini Sock with Kira K
Learn the basics of knitting socks in one afternoon by making these adorable mini socks! Knitting in the round, starting at the cuff, you’ll knit a heel flap, turn the heel, work a gusset, then taper and graft the toe. Afterward, you'll be ready to knit full-size socks from the top down. One three-hour session
Please provide your email and phone number with your registration for essential class communication.
(Please use yarn purchased from Aranea Craft Studio. You will receive a one-time 10% discount on the yarn purchase for this class, provided after registration is complete)
- 50 yards DK or worsted weight yarn Aranea Minis - Cascade 220 Mini Skeins
- Double-pointed needles in a size that gives a firm fabric, likely US size 3-5
- stitch marker Knitting Needles
- Darning or tapestry needle Bent Point Jumbo Tapestry Needles
- Note: If you prefer the magic loop or 2 circular needles knitting small circumferences in the round, you may do that instead of using double-pointed needles. Knitting Needles
This is an intermediate class. Students should be comfortable casting on, working in the round, knitting, purling, decreasing and picking up stitches.
KEY CLASS DETAILS
- Duration: 1 session, 3 hours
- Maximum 6 students per class; Minimum 3 students
Teacher Bio: Kira Dulaney has been teaching fiber arts classes and hosting crafty events in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond since 2002. As a teacher, her focus is on providing valuable information in a stress-free environment and supporting students through the learning process. She is also the designer behind Kira K Designs, a line of original knitting and crochet patterns and kits featuring clean lines and intriguing details that are both interesting to make and easy to wear. Kira has taught at Estes Park Wool Market, Interweave Yarn Fest, Lambtown Festival, the Natural Fiber Fair, Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, Stitches events, and TNNA, as well as numerous guilds and yarn shops.
For the safety and security of the students and staff, please wear a mask at all times to prevent the spread of germs. We require proof of vaccination at the beginning of the first class. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE - Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old.
Minimum to Run Class: 3 attendees.