Stranded Colorwork Cuff Class with Kira
Stranded colorwork is a method of knitting with at least two colors in the same row or round, carrying the unused color along the back of the work. In class we will discuss tension, catching long floats, and color dominance while knitting a wrist cuff in the round, with one color held in each hand.
Please provide your email and phone number with your registration for essential class communication.
(Please use yarn purchased from Aranea Craft Studio. You will receive a one-time 10% discount on the yarn purchase for this class, provided after registration is complete)
- Materials for two cuffs: 30 yards worsted weight yarn in main color, 15 yards worsteds weight yarn in contrast color Aranea Minis - Cascade 220 Mini Skeins
- U.S. size 6 (4mm) double-pointed needles (you may use magic loop or two-circular technique if you prefer) Knitting Needles
- Stitch marker Cocoknits Colorful Ring Stitch Markers
Prerequisite Skills: intermediate
- Cast on
- Bind off
- You should be comfortable casting on, joining and knitting in the round on your choice of double-pointed needles, magic loop, or two circulars
KEY CLASS DETAILS
- Duration: 1 session, 2 hours
- Maximum 6 students per class; Minimum 3 students
Teacher Bio: Kira Dulaney has been teaching fiber arts classes and hosting crafty events in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond since 2002. As a teacher, her focus is on providing valuable information in a stress-free environment and supporting students through the learning process. She is also the designer behind Kira K Designs, a line of original knitting and crochet patterns and kits featuring clean lines and intriguing details that are both interesting to make and easy to wear. Kira has taught at Estes Park Wool Market, Interweave Yarn Fest, Lambtown Festival, the Natural Fiber Fair, Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, Stitches events, and TNNA, as well as numerous guilds and yarn shops.
For the safety and security of the students and staff, please wear a mask at all times to prevent the spread of germs. We require proof of vaccination at the beginning of the first class. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE - Minimum Age Requirement: 18 years old.
Minimum to Run Class: 3 attendees.